Monday, August 22, 2011

Baby talk

So this is my first blog ever! It's something I've wanted to do for a while now, but I just never got around to doing it! Anyways here I go!!

So God has been speaking to me about being a child of God. I was thinking it's pretty awesome that he would call us that! Then I thought about what if my earthly dad didn't call me his daughter.. What if he introduced me as "this kid", or maybe he would say "I don't even know her." but when you call someone your child, it shows ownership! It's states that that's your child!Now my dad (Mark Jeffreys) alway introduces my as his " baby girl." even when we were in Nicaragua and I had to translate that I'm his baby girl! How do we translate that we belong to the king of kings and lord of lords?! It's not always easy to do! In fact it's actualy hard sometimes!

I remember one day at work, I think it was a Monday so we were slow. I was stoking everything and as I was carrying something to the front I thought "I'm a child of God." I began to walk with my shoulders back, a smile on my face, and I was content! This moment has really impacted my life! There is something about knowing who you are and who you are in him!

I know that my earthly dad has authority over me. But I also know that my dads not a power hungry goober... Well he is a goober! Haha jk! But I know that he knows what's best for me. You see, God orders our steps,The average person takes 5,210 steps a day... And God orders them all! Do you think he cares just a tad bit (sarcasm)!

So if I don't leave you with anything today, please remember who you are! It's so easy to forget! You are a child of God! :)



1 comment: